In another instance of NUJS walking the talk on inclusivity and accessibility, an IDIA Accessibility Lab in NUJS was announced to provide an enabling environment for Specially Abled Students (SAP). With the ideal of accessibility of eduation to every single student becoming less of a dream and more of a reality in NUJS, we are proud to have moved towards inclusivity in association with IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access), which funded the Lab. IDIA is an initiative that was started by beloved NUJS professor Late Dr. Shamnad Basheer.
Some of the devices that are available in the IDIA Accessibility Lab are:
1. Index Basic-D V5 Braille Embosser
2. Braille Paper Tractor Feed
3. Angel India (Pocket Reader)
4. Duxbury Braille Translator
5. Jaws Talking Screen Reader for Blind
6. Open Book Scanning and Reading Software
We look forward to continue moving on the path of equal opportunities to all.